When it comes to eating various superfoods for a health benefit, you may be confused as to which superfoods to consume. Some super foods may have a potent taste that will need to be acquired by the person who is consuming that particular food. However, one superfood that everyone will agree on is the consumption of sacred raw chocolate and raw cacao. In fact, for thousands of years, ancient Mayans, ancient Aztecs and Incans have known about the amazing healing properties of the chocolate and they have used them in their daily cultural rituals as well as in their healing habits.
In fact, the seeds of raw cacao were held to be so sacred, the legends has it that the Incans used Cocoa beans as money and the ancient Incans used it like gold bullion as they filled their treasury holds with tons of cocoa beans. Unfortunately, nowadays the positive benefit of this wonderful superfood is not known widely. Although, everyone enjoys chocolate, people do not consume it in its raw form for the maximum benefit that they can derive from it. Some benefits of raw cacao and raw chocolate include:
– It acts as a stimulant, so that the energy level in your body will receive a boost and you will feel better about yourself.
– It can also help to reduce chronic fatigue and general weakness caused by stress.
– Raw chocolate and raw cacao can help strengthen your cardiovascular system.
– This special superfood helps to regulate your sleep.
– Most importantly, pure chocolate directly stimulates various neurotransmitters in your brain (such as serotonin) to help reduce depression and to give a sense of euphoria or a sense of well being. Hence, your mood will be uplifted and you will feel better about yourself.
– Raw chocolate has a very high ORAC quotient. ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity. This is an important property, as it denotes the ability to absorb free radicals from your body. This can be a very useful concept for helping you to protect your body from carcinogens and free radicals that cause cancer.
– Raw chocolate is also considered as a mild aphrodisiac as it has shown to increase sexual appetite after regular consumption.
– Raw chocolate can also help stimulate your immune system.
Of course, it is important to eat in a raw and organic state, so that these benefits can be derived from it. If you are looking for an extra way to stimulate your immune system, then you can also eat Reiki mushrooms as a super food. This amazing mushroom also has the ability to strengthen your immune system so that you can fight infections and protect yourself from flu and other similar diseases.